Dead Sea Mud & Palo Santo Mask: a deep cleansing facial mask with soothing Palo Santo and Lavandin essential oils.
We are thrilled to share a new recipe this week highlighting two of our new Peruvian Essential Oils. Our Dead Sea Mud & Palo Santo Mask is a deep cleansing facial treatment that can be used on almost any skin type. With a mineral-rich base of Dead Sea Mud and a spa-inspired blend of essential oils, this mask is perfect for daily or weekly use.
Dead Sea Mud
Dead Sea Mud is a classic main ingredient for facial masks. Its rich array of beneficial minerals make it excellent for fortifying and detoxifying the skin. When combined with other skin-loving ingredients, like nourishing sea vegetables and potent essential oils, Dead Sea Mud truly stands out as a powerhouse ingredient. Our Dead Sea Mud & Palo Santo Mask is a great example of how to use this special mud to its full advantage.
Palo Santo Essential Oil
The other star ingredient in our Dead Sea Mud & Palo Santo Mask is Palo Santo Essential Oil. This oil offers a unique aroma that touches on notes of wood and citrus. It is known in Peru as Holy Wood Oil, as the palo santo tree is considered a sacred plant. In skin care, Palo Santo Essential Oil can be used to support bright, healthy skin.
Andean Mint Essential Oil
Andean Mint Essential Oil, another new ingredient from Peru that we are really excited to share with you. This unique oil adds a touch of refreshing and cool aroma to the mask. Andean Mint is a super strong mint oil that contains a higher than usual concentration of ketones. In other words, it packs a real punch. Just a few drops give the entire Dead Sea Mud & Palo Santo Mask a bright and minty aspect.
Lavindin Essential Oil
The deep, woody aroma of Palo Santo Essential Oil blends very well with our floral and herbaceous Lavandin Grosso Essential Oil. The two oils both help to promote relaxation and wellness, helping our recipe provide a soothing spa experience. Tea Tree Essential Oil has also been included to help encourage skin clarity and vibrance.
Bladderwrack Powder is a nutrient-dense sea vegetable harvested from the coast of Maine. Sea vegetables, like Bladderwrack, are often included in spa formulations to encourage deep cleansing and detoxification. We also chose this ingredient for its powdered texture. It helps to make the mask more spreadable and easy to use.
We added Lavander Hydrosol to help offset the thickness of both the mud and powder in this formula. The splash of balancing properties makes our Dead Sea Mud & Palo Santo Mask all the more effective as a special skin care treatment.
Dead Sea Mud & Palo Santo Mask
Makes about five 25-gram facials
- 100 grams Dead Sea Mud
- 15 grams Lavender Hydrosol
- 10 grams Bladderwrack Powder
- 0.65 ml (1/8 teaspoon) Lavandin Grosso Essential Oil
- 0.65 ml (1/8 teaspoon) Palo Santo Essential Oil
- 0.65 ml (1/8 teaspoon) Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 5 drops Andean Mint Essential Oil
- Combine mud and hydrosol in a small container and blend well.
- Sift in bladderwrack powder and stir again. Mix in essential oils and transfer to jars.
Usage & Packaging
- To use, apply about one tablespoon (25 grams) to clean, damp skin. Allow the mask to set for up to 15 minutes before rinsing. Follow with toner and moisturizer, as needed.
- We used 2-ounce Flat PET Jars to package our mask. It would also look great in Flint Glass.
- Mask should be used right away or refrigerated for up to two weeks. Preservative may be added to extend shelf life.
Looking for more ways to use Dead Sea Mud? Check out our recipes for Dead Sea Mud Shampoo Bars, Deep Cleansing Mud Masque, and Dead Sea Mud & Moringa Scalp Mask. Or, check out article on How to Use Dead Sea Mud for Natural Beauty.