Maple Coffee Lip Balm: a sweetly scented balm made with roasted coffee bean butter.
Maple Coffee Lip Balm
- 18 grams Candelilla Wax Pellets
- 12 grams Coffee Bean Butter
- 18 grams Cocoa Butter, Deodorized
- 30 grams Organic Virgin Pumpkin Seed Oil
- 6 grams Maple Flavor Oil
- Melt candelilla wax in double boiler. If necessary, cover boiler to increase heat and reduce melt time.
- Add cocoa and coffee butters. Heat until fully melted.
- Remove from heat and quickly add pumpkin seed oil and maple flavor oil. Stir to combine.
- Allow mixture to cool to 120F (49C). Pouring at a reduced temperature will help the packaging avoid warping.
- Carefully pour mixture into lip balm tubes. (We used a pipette dropper to avoid spilling.)
- Allow balms too cool and harden completely before adding caps.
Usage & Packaging
- To use, simply apply balm to dry lips as often as desired.
- We packaged this recipe in our gorgeous paperboard tubes and jars. They would also look great in standard lip balm tubes.