Apricot Rose Lip Shimmer: a fruity and floral scented lip balm with a sheer pink tint.
Sometimes a sheer hint of color is all you need. When that subtle tint comes along with an ultra-moisturizing blend of natural oils and butters you know you are on to something special. Our Apricot Rose Lip Shimmer recipe uses a blend of two Gem Tone Micas to give lips a soft pink glow while nourishing Murumuru Butter, Apricot Oil, and Caprylic Capric Triglycerides (MCT Oil) provide a conditioning boost.
Lip products are always popular, but dry winter weather make them extra attractive during the coming season. Since they also make great gifts, lip balms and lip shimmers are perfect for stocking stuffers. This Apricot Rose Lip Shimmer makes a great stand-alone product or a compelling addition to gift sets or baskets. Try pairing it with similarly scented products such as Apricot Rose body scrubs, bath bombs, or soaps.
The slick, moisturizing base of our Apricot Rose Lip Shimmer recipe is perfect for treating lips to a quick moisturizing boost. You can easily customize this recipe by changing the color of mica or the blend of fragrance and essential oil. Just be sure to choose colorants and aromatics that are labeled as lip-safe. Lips are a sensitive area, so make sure you double-check any essential oils for usage rates. Most ingredients should be used at 1-2% of the total formula.
We used plant-based Candelilla Wax for this lip balm recipe. If you prefer to use beeswax, make sure to add a little extra as Candelilla has a harder texture and higher melting point than beeswax.
Apricot Rose Lip Shimmer
Makes about three 0.3 ounce tubes
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) candelilla wax
- 1 tablespoon (15 g) murumuru butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7.5 ml) organic apricot kernel oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7.5 ml) MCT oil
- 1/8 teaspoon (1 g) jeweltone opal mica
- 1/8 teaspoon (1 g) jeweltone ruby mica
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.65 ml) apricot plant-based fragrance oil
- 10-20 drops rose co2 extract
- Combine candelilla wax and murumuru butter in double boiler and heat until fully melted.
- Add apricot and jojoba oils. Stir well, then remove from heat.
- Add mica and stir well to fully blend colors. Break up any lumps that form.
- Add fragrance oil and essential oil.
- Allow mixture to cool for about 30 seconds, then stir it once more before pouring it carefully into tubes. Use remaining mixture to top off tubes after they begin to cool and contract from top.
Usage & Packaging
- These colorful balms look wonderful in any tube or small jar. We chose to package our Apricot Rose Lip Shimmers in our 0.3 ounce paperboard tubes. They would also look very nice in our classic white lip balm tubes or in our silver slider tins.
- To use, simply apply to dry lips as needed. Shimmer may be worn alone or in combination with another lip color.