Citrus Eucalyptus Bath Salts: Energizing Bath Salts with Eucalyptus and Citrus Essential Oils
We mostly think of bath salts for soothing skin or relaxing the mind, but sometimes self-care is important for getting re-energized too. This recipe blends eucalyptus and citrus oils for an invigorating aromatic experience. It’s sort of like the aromatherapy version of a pep talk!
Eucalyptus citriodora, also known as lemon eucalyptus, is a popular variety of eucalyptus due to its bright, lemony scent. In aromatherapy, lemon eucalyptus is known for its ability to energize and aid focus and clarity. Yuzu adds a sweet, almost sugary scent to the blend. This cheerful oil is often used in aromatherapy to promote happiness and joy. If you ask me, nothing motivates quite like being uplifted. Petitgrain comes from the bitter orange tree, the same plant used to produce neroli. It is also helpful in promoting happiness and cheer.
We used Turkey Red Oil to disperse the essential oils into our energizing bath salts blend. Turkey red is a sulfonate castor oil, which makes it water soluble. Water solubility is ideal for bath salt recipes, and will help the essential oils fully disperse into bath water.
Citrus Eucalyptus Bath Salts
Makes 16 ounces (450 grams)
- 16 ounces (450 grams) Sea Salt, Medium
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) Turkey Red Oil
- 5 drops Eucalyptus Citriodora Essential Oil
- 5 drops Petitgrain Essential Oil
- 10 drops Yuzu Essential Oil
- Place salt in a large glass or stainless steel bowl.
- In a second container, combine essential oils and turkey red oil. Stir until well-blended.
- Drizzle oil blend over salts, then toss together until salt is evenly coated.
Usage & Packaging
- Bath salts look gorgeous packaged in glass containers like our Flint Glass Jars.
- To use, add 1/4 – 1/2 cup salt to warm bath water.