Aloe and Tamanu Body Balm: a soothing balm made with moisturizing aloe vera, tamanu oil, and deodorized cocoa butter
Spring is here, and with it comes glorious days spent in the sunshine. As wonderful as it can feel to bask in warm sunlight, it can leave skin very unhappy. Mild sunburns, bug bites, and allergy season are just a few spring and summer complications that can upset our skin. While prevention is the best solution it’s good to have a nourishing balm handy to soothe and moisturize after the damage is done.
This simple formulation contains equal parts Aloe Butter, Aloe Vera Oil, Tamanu Oil, and Deodorized Cocoa Butter, forming a highly moisturizing base hardened with natural Beeswax and Jojoba Esters. Aloe and Tamanu are particularly great for soothing irritated skin thanks to their natural anti-inflammatory benefits.
A touch of Arrowroot Powder helps give this balm a silky smooth slip. We blended Lavender CO2 Extract with Roman Chamomile and Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood Essential Oils to scent our Aloe and Tamanu Body Balm. You can easily swap these aromatic ingredients for any you prefer, or simply leave the balm unscented for an even more mellow vibe.
Aloe and Tamanu Body Balm
Makes five 1-ounce tubes
- 30 grams Aloe Vera Butter
- 30 ml Aloe Vera Oil
- 30 grams Deodorized Cocoa Butter
- 10 grams Jojoba Esters, MP70
- 30 grams Beeswax Pellets
- 30 ml Tamanu Oil
- 7 grams (1 tablespoon) Arrowroot Powder
- 1.25 ml (1/4 teaspoon) Lavender Bud Select CO2 Extract
- 1.25 ml (1/4 teaspoon) Roman Chamomile Essential Oil
- 1.25 ml (1/4 teaspoon) Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood Essential Oil
- Combine wax, esters, and butters in double boiler and heat until fully melted.
- Add aloe vera and tamanu oils and mix well. Remove from heat.
- Whisk in arrowroot powder followed by CO2 Extract and essential oils.
- Carefully pour mixture into empty tubes. Allow balms to cool and harden completely before handling.
Usage & Packaging
- We packaged our Aloe and Tamanu Body Balm in our gorgeous 1 Ounce Paperboard Tubes.
- To use, simply rub onto skin and massage gently until absorbed.