Sleepytime Magnesium Body Spray – a soothing blend of magnesium oil and herbal hydrosol.
When Magnesium Chloride is dissolved in water it creates a clear liquid with a surprisingly slippery texture. This is why the liquid is often referred to as magnesium oil, even when the main ingredient is water! Making magnesium oil is a super quick and easy process. Flakes are dissolved in water in a similar ratio to creating saline. The resulting “oil” is great for magnesium supplementation, and can be incorporated easily into water-based formulations such as body sprays, creams, and lotions.
For this recipe, we combined magnesium oil with a blend of Lavender and Roman Chamomile Hydrosols. These two herbal ingredients are popular choices for aromatherapy formulations intended to promote sleep and relaxation. Since many people supplement magnesium to help improve sleep, we thought this combination would make a great sleepytime body spray.
You can use our Sleepytime Magnesium Body Spray on your arms, legs, and torso, or massage it onto the soles of your feet. As you enjoy the subtle aroma of lavender and chamomile, your skin will be busy soaking up a huge dose of rich mineral goodness.
Sleepytime Magnesium Body Spray
Makes about 4 ounces (120 ml)
- 2 ounces Lavender Hydrosol
- 1 ounce Roman Chamomile Hydrosol
- 1 ounce Distilled Water
- 2 tablespoons Magnesium Chloride Flakes
- Bring water to a boil, then combine with magnesium flakes in a heatproof bowl. Stir until flakes are fully dissolved.
- Allow magnesium water blend to cool to room temperature, then combine with hydrosols.
Usage & Packaging
- Shake well, then spritz onto body before bedtime. Massage liquid gently into skin.
- Sleepytime Magnesium Body Spray looks great packaged in our 4 ounce Aluminum Sprayer Bottles.
- This product should last as-is at room temperature for several weeks. To extend shelf life, consider adding a preservative to the formula.