Remember how I waxed poetic a couple of weeks back over the virtues of German Chamomile Essential Oil? Well, it got me thinking about recipes where this wonderful soothing ingredient could really shine. What makes German Chamomile special is its gentle nature.
While every skin type can benefit from regular exfoliation, those with sensitive skin often shy away from the practice. This is because many of the products and ingredients used as scrubs are too harsh and irritating for delicate, easily upset skin.
Our Jojoba Wax Beads offer exfoliation that is anything but aggressive. These spherical beads can be used to scrub delicate facial skin without scouring or scratching. This reduces accidental damage sometimes caused by harsher exfoliants.
We paired our Jojoba Wax Beads with soothing Oat Oil and German Chamomile Essential Oils. These ingredients are blended with liquid soap and kaolin clay, giving the formula gentle foaming and cleansing action. We used our Shea Butter Shower Gel Base in this recipe but feel free to substitute your own handmade liquid soap or any other gentle liquid soap base.
Oatmeal and Chamomile Foaming Cleanser
Makes about 8 ounces (240 ml)
- 8 ounces (240 ml) Shea Butter Shower Gel Base or any gentle liquid soap
- 3 tablespoons (60 ml) Baby Blue Jojoba Wax Beads
- 3 tabkesooons (60 m) Sierra Blue Jojoba Wax Beads
- 3 tablespoons (60 ml) White Jojoba Wax Beads
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) White Kaolin Clay
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon (20 ml) Oat Oil
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) Oat Flour
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) German Chamomile Essential Oil
- In a small mixing bowl, combine shower gel base, kaolin clay, oat oil, oat flour, and essential oil. Whisk slowly until smooth.
- Fold in jojoba wax beads and transfer mixture to jar or wide mouthed malibu squeeze bottle.
Usage & Packaging
- This scrub looks great in our 2 ounce Flint Glass Jars. It could also be packaged in a squeeze bottle, but the tip would need to be wide enough to allow for passage of the beads.
- To use, massage gently onto moistened skin, then rinse with water. Follow with toner and moisturizer as needed.