Magnesium Rich Mineral Bath: A simple bath soak recipe packed with mineral rich salts, coral calcium, and natural magnesium flakes.
When it comes to nutrition, one of the first words that often comes to mind is vitamins. We all know how important vitamins like A and E are to promoting healthy, beautiful skin, but minerals play an important role in our well-being too. Magnesium, for example, is essential to keep our bodies healthy and well.
This important mineral is found in a variety of foods including almonds and leafy greens, but magnesium can also be absorbed easily through the skin. Magnesium is becoming a popular ingredient in bath and body products as the benefits of mineral nutrition become more well known. According to some studies, magnesium may be able to help fight depression, inflammation, and migraines. It has also become a popular home remedy for battling stress and insomnia.
Our Magnesium Rich Mineral Bath recipe combines our pure Magnesium Chloride Flakes with a blend of our other favorite mineral-rich ingredients. Dead Sea Salt, for example, is packed with potassium, bromide, AND magnesium. Himalayan Pink Salt adds a gorgeous touch of color and a boost of calcium, iron, and copper. Coral Calcium Powder contains more than 70 major and trace minerals including calcium, zinc, and selenium.
Fine Sea Salt helps to carry a spa-inspired blend of Essential Oils through the entire formula. We used a blend of sweet Spearmint, invigorating Eucalyptus, and floral Lavender to provide a relaxing aromatherapy benefit to our Magnesium Rich Mineral Bath. You can swap out these oils for another blend you prefer, or simply leave the mineral bath unscented.
Magnesium Rich Mineral Bath
Makes about three 620 gram Salt Tubes
- 4 cups (750 grams) Magnesium Chloride Flakes
- 1 cup (350 grams) Himalayan Pink Salt, Medium
- 1 cup (350 grams) Sea Salt, Fine
- 1 cup (350 grams) Dead Sea Salt, Medium
- 4 tablespoons (60 grams) Coral Calcium Powder
- 10 drops Spearmint Essential Oil
- 5 drops Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- 5 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- Combine sea salt with essential oil in mixing bowl. Stir well to disperse the oils completely.
- Add coral calcium powder and stir again.
- Add remaining salts to bowl and stir together until well blended.
- Transfer to jars or salt tubes.
Usage & Packaging
- We used our 3 x 6 Round Salt Tubes to package this recipe. It would also look great in our 16 ounce PET Jars.
- To use, add half or whole tube's worth of mineral bath to hot bath water and stir to dissolve.
This post was brought to you by From Nature With Love, offering a huge selection of top quality natural ingredients and supplies for skin care, hair care, soap making, and more!
Save 7% on your qualifying online order with discount code: NBW1217!