A naturally aromatic sugar scrub made with real coffee and cocoa ingredients.
Natural ingredients come in a rainbow of colors and scents. Some carrier oils and butters are virtually odorless, while others carry the scent from the plant they came from. Of these, one of my personal favorites is Roasted Coffee Oil. The oil is pressed from roasted coffee beans, giving this rich and nourishing carrier oil the natural aroma of freshly roasted coffee.
In addition to smelling amazing, Roasted Coffee Oil boasts an impressive array of skin care benefits. It is loaded with phytosterols that help it aid in moisture retention. This oil penetrates quickly, nourishing the skin with essential fatty acids and boosting skin’s moisture.
We blended this gorgeous oil with a blend of rich cocoa butter and light almond oil. For exfoliants, we used organic cane sugar with a spoonful of coffee grounds and a dusting of real cocoa powder. The result is a sugar scrub that is rich in color, scent, and beauty benefits. This scrub is best suited to the body. Use it on your arms, legs, hands, feet, and torso.
The natural aroma of the ingredients used in this recipe is quite lovely all on its own. If you prefer a stronger scent, try adding 1/4 teaspoon of our Roasted Coffee Fragrance Oil and 1/4 teaspoon of Dark Chocolate Supreme Fragrance Oil.
Chocolate Covered Coffee Bean Scrub
Makes two 2-ounce jars
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) Sweet Almond Oil
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) melted Cocoa Butter
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) Roasted Coffee Oil
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) Organic Cane Sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) fresh coffee grounds
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) Cocoa Powder
- Whisk together sweet almond oil, melted cocoa butter, and roasted coffee oil in a mixing bowl.
- Add sugar, ground coffee, and cocoa powder, then mix well to combine.
- Add preservative, if using, then transfer to jars.
Usage & Packaging
- These scrubs look great in our 2 ounce PET Jars.
- To use, massage scrub onto damp skin in a gentle, circular motion. Rinse with water and follow with soap or body wash, as needed.