Oil cleansers, like this one, are great for deep cleaning pores and refreshing skin. Even with the most simplified formulas, oil cleansers can help dissolve built up oils and free clogged pores, but when specialized ingredients are added, these simple recipes can provide targeted benefits for specific skin types.
We added Neem Oil, a carrier oil with potent anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties, to help make this recipe more beneficial to acne prone skin. Neem Oil has been used in traditional Indian and African skin care and folk medicine for generations, and is now prized all over the world for it's unique properties.
This amazing ingredient has a bold aroma that can be bitter and herbaceous. Even in small quantities, some find the aroma of Neem Oil to be unpleasant. Lavender Essential Oil helps to off-set the tenacious nature of Neem's characteristic scent while providing an extra boost of herbal benefit. Rose Hip Seed Oil is used to nourish and moisturize the skin during and after cleansing.
Surprisingly, oil cleansers and masks can sometimes leave the skin feeling overly dry. Be sure to pay attention to how your skin reacts to this mask and follow up with toner and moisturizer as needed.
Neem & Lavender Oil Mask
Makes 4 ounces (120 ml)
- 30 ml Castor Oil
- 60 ml Rose Hip Seed Oil
- 30 ml Neem Oil or Organic Neem Oil
- 1.25 ml (1/4 teaspoon) Lavender Essential Oil
- Combine ingredients in glass dropper bottle and shake well to combine.
Usage & Packaging
- Oil blends that include essential oils should always be packaged in glass or aluminum when possible. Our Amber Dropper Bottles are perfect for storage and everyday use of oil serums, cleansers, and masks.
- To use, begin by steaming your face with a hot damp washcloth for about 30 seconds. Remove washcloth, shake bottle, and apply about 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of oil to your face.
Gently massage oil into skin for about 1 minute. Steam face again with a freshly moistened washcloth for about 30 seconds, then gently wipe oil away. Repeat the steaming and wiping process at least three more times, or until your face feels clean and free of oil. Follow with toner and moisturizer as needed.
This post was brought to you by From Nature With Love, offering a huge selection of top quality natural ingredients and supplies for skin care, hair care, soap making, and more!
Save 7% on your qualifying online order with discount code: NBW1217!