Who loves jellybeans? Go on. Raise your hand! You know those sweet, chewy little sugar-filled beans are impossible to resist. Our Jelly Bean Lip Balm Kit remains popular all year long, which proves just how much the iconic spring treat is loved.
This spring, we thought it would be fun to add a second recipe inspired by jelly beans to the blog. This simple lip scrub is saturated with colorful mica and scented with our sweet and fruity Apricot Plant-Based Fragrance Oil. The following recipe makes up a pretty huge batch of lip scrub, so you'll have plenty to share with family and friends.
The thick, moisturizing texture of the lip scrub's base makes it easy for you combine colors in a single jar. You can also package individual colors to put together a rainbow lip scrub set. Either way, you'll adore the luscious blend of Shea Butter and Avocado Oil. We used our Organic Sugar (Evaporated Cane Juice) as the exfoliant for this scrub. The mild color and uniform texture of this sugar makes it perfect for lip scrub (and body scrub!) recipes.
Rainbow Jelly Bean Lip Scrub
Makes 23 15-ml (1/2 ounce) Jars
- 4 ounces Avocado Oil
- 4 ounces Shea Butter
- 16 ounces (about 2 cups) Organic Sugar
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) Apricot Plant-Based Fragrance Oil
- 1/8 teaspoon FDA Blue Mica
- 1/8 teaspoon FDA Coral Mica
- 1/8 teaspoon FDA Green Mica
- 1/8 teaspoon FDA Yellow Mica
- Combine the Avocado Oil and Shea Butter and heat until melted. You may use a double boiler or a heat-proof bowl in the microwave. If using microwave, heat on short 30-second bursts, stirring between bursts. Do not overheat.
- Allow mixture to cool for a few moments, then add Apricot Plant-Based Fragrance Oil.
- Divide the sugar into four bowls, placing 4 ounces (about 1/2 cup) in each bowl. Add 2 ounces of the melted Shea and Avocado Oil to each bowl and stir well.
- Add one color of Mica to each bowl and stir until well blended.
- Allow the scrub to cool for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to reduce separation. Scoop cooled scrub into jars and allow to cool and harden for several hours.
Usage & Packaging
- We pictured the scrub here in our Double Threaded 35ml jars. These look great, but that is a whole lot of lip scrub for one jar! Try packaging this lip scrub in 15 ml (1/2 ounce) jars to offer a better portion size and a larger quantity of scrubs. Our 15 ml Clear Sifter Jars, our 1/2 Ounce PET Jars, or our 1/2 Ounce Clear Dome Jars would all be great choices.
- To use, scoop out a dime-sized amount of scrub on your finger and rub gently over your lips. Remove scrub with tissue.
This post was brought to you by From Nature With Love, offering a huge selection of top quality natural ingredients and supplies for skin care, hair care, soap making, and more!
Save 7% on your qualifying online order with discount code: NBW0617!