Winter weather can leave the delicate skin of our faces and necks feeling rough and dry. A fresh mask is perfect for soothing and moisturizing dry facial skin. This recipe fresh mineral rich banana with raw manuka honey and a blend of herbal CO2 Extracts that help encourage healing and reduce inflammation. White Kaolin Clay binds the mask together while providing gentle cleansing and detoxification.
Mashed banana contains a hefty dose of potassium and magnesium, two minerals that can help skin feel healthy and happy. It also contains a good sized portion of vitamin C, which can encourage a luminous glow. Calendula is best known for its healing abilities. while Chamomile is prized as an anti-inflammatory ingredient. Moisturizing Andiroba Oil is highly moisturizing with its own soothing properties.
Manuka honey is a special variety of honey that is treasured for its unique antibacterial benefit. Like all honey, manuka honey also acts as a humectant. That means that it can help draw moisture, helping skin to stay hydrated more effectively and for a longer time. If you don't have manuka honey available, any raw or natural variety of honey will do.
Manuka Honey & Banana Facial Mask
Makes about 2 servings
- 1/2 fresh banana, mashed
- 4 tablespoons (60 ml) White Kaolin Clay
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) manuka honey
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) Andiroba Oil
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.75 ml) Organic German Chamomile CO2 Extract
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.75 ml) Calendula Total CO2 Extract
- Warm Andiroba Oil and CO2 Extracts gently by submerging sealed bottled in a shallow bath of hot water. Water bath should reach half-way up the bottle. Do not submerge above the neck of the bottle.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the banana and manuka honey.
- Combine 1 teaspoon (5 ml) Andiroba Oil and 1/8 teaspoon (0.75 ml) of each CO2 Extract in small mixing bowl. Stir together until ingredients are well blended, then whisk into banana honey mixture.
- Add the Kaolin Clay, and mix until wet ingredients have been fully absorbed.
Usage & Packaging
- To use, spread a liberal portion of mask on clean bare skin. Allow mask to set for 15-20 minutes before rinsing. Follow with toner as needed.
- This mask is best used fresh. Unused mask may be refrigerated in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
This post was brought to you by From Nature With Love, offering a huge selection of top quality natural ingredients and supplies for skin care, hair care, soap making, and more!
Save 7% on your qualifying online order with discount code: NBW1217!