It's getting to be that time of year again when candy hearts and pink flowers abound. While searching for the perfect gift, I beg you to consider something handmade. These cute soap bars are easy to make, cute as can be, and bound to thrill valentines of all ages.
This project uses two varieties of our fabulous Melt & Pour Soap Base. If you are new to soap making, Melt & Pour is a great method to start with. The soap is simply heated in a double boiler or microwave until melted, and then mixed with the colorants, fragrances, and additives of your choice. You can learn more about the possibilities Melt & Pour Soap Making has to offer in our quick guide here.
We went with a classic color palette and aroma to make our soaps. You can customize your own bars by swapping out the color of Mica and choice of scent. A few of our favorite choices for Valentine's Day are Geranium Essential Oil, Raspberry Truffles Fragrance Oil, and Cardamom & Primrose Plant-Based Fragrance Oil.
The molds we used for this project held a massive 8 ounces of soap each. To make smaller bars, simply use smaller sized molds. 4 ounce soaps are a very popular size for general use and 2 ounce soaps make great guest soaps or small gifts.
Oatmeal Honey Heart Soap Bars
Makes two 8-ounce soap bars
- 8 ounces Melt & Pour Soap Base: Goat's Milk White Base
- 8 ounces Melt & Pour Soap Base: Suspension
- 2 tablespoons Quick Cooking Oats
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 teaspoon, divided Plant-Based Fragrance Oil: Honey Creme
- 1 teaspoon Oil: Jojoba, Clear
- 1/2 teaspoon Mica: Rouge Flambe
- Chop suspension base in cubes and melt using double boiler or microwave.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 teaspoon fragrance oil, jojoba oil and mica. Mix until smooth, then add to melted soap base.
- Pour soap into molds and chill until hardened (about 15 minutes).
- Either use appropriately sized cookie cutter or download heart-shaped template here. Cut soap bars into heart shapes and set aside.
- Chop goat's milk base in cubes and melt using double boiler or microwave.
- Add remaining fragrance oil, oats, and honey to melted soap.
- Spritz inside soap molds with alcohol then place heart shaped soaps inside, pressing firmly to adhere soaps to surface of mold.
- Slowly pour the melted goat's milk base into the molds, surrounding heart shaped soaps.
- Chill until hardened (about 15 minutes).
Usage & Packaging
- Melt & Pour Soaps should be wrapped in air-tight plastic wrap or cellophane to avoid sweating. Wrapped soaps can be displayed as-is or packaged with decorative paper, ribbons, and tags.
This post was brought to you by From Nature With Love, offering a huge selection of top quality natural ingredients and supplies for skin care, hair care, soap making, and more!
Save 7% on your qualifying online order with discount code: NBW1217!