Lately we can't seem to get enough of Organic Virgin Chia Seed Oil. This nourishing carrier oil is great for boosting the conditioning benefit of almost any skin care recipe. This scrub, for example, uses Apricot Kernel Oil as it's main lubricating ingredient. Chia Seed Oil is added at a smaller rate to help increase the formulation's benefit. A dollop of honey has also been included to aid in moisturizing.
Chia seeds and Honey Granules lend visual appeal to the exfoliating Turbinado Sugar, as well as a little extra texture. We used our Honey Creme Plant-Based Fragrance Oil to scent this recipe, but feel free to swap the ingredient for your favorite essential oil or simply leave the scrub unscented. The naturally sweet aroma of honey is quite nice on its own.
Honey Chia Sugar Scrub
Makes about 4 ounces (120 ml by volume)
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) Turbinado Sugar
- 1 1/2 ounces (45 ml) Apricot Kernel Oil
- 1/2 ounce (15 ml) Organic Virgin Chia Seed Oil
- 1 tablespoon (30 ml) Honey Granules
- 1 tablespoon (30 ml) honey
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) Honey Creme Plant-Based Fragrance Oil
- Combine sugar, honey granules, and chia seeds in a small mixing bowl.
- Add apricot oil, chia seed oil, honey, and fragrance or essential oil, if using. Stir well.
- Transfer to tightly sealed jar or use immediately.
Usage & Packaging
- To Use, simply massage the scrub onto the body in a gentle circular motion, then rinse.
- The Honey Chia Sugar Scrub looks lovely in our 2-ounce PET Flat Jars with White Lids.
- Sealed jars should last about three months. For a more stable shelf life, consider adding a preservative.
This post was brought to you by From Nature With Love, offering a huge selection of top quality natural ingredients and supplies for skin care, hair care, soap making, and more!
Save 7% on your qualifying online order with discount code: NBW0617!