Himalayan Pink Salt brings a beautiful color to bath products. It can be used to speckle bath bombs, star in bath salts, color body scrubs, or steal the show in a layered milk bath. The salt gets its gorgeous mottled array of warm pinks and reds from natural mineral content. Harvested by hand and carefully screened for impurities, it is among the finest salts available for natural skin care.
Himalayan Pink Salt is packed with more than eighty beneficial trace minerals, like Calcium, Potassium, Magnesium, Iron and Copper. When added to bath formulations, it is believed to help encourage circulation, balance skin, and even soothe skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
We've layered this amazing ingredient with a blend of Whole Milk Powder and Whole Oat Powder. That blend is scented using Dendritic Salt and Geranium Essential Oil, and colored with a scoop of Coral Kaolin Clay. Milk makes a wonderful bath product, using its natural lactic acids to smooth and soften skin. Oat Flour adds a soothing benefit to the mix, while Coral Kaolin lends a lovely color and gentle detoxification.
You can customize this recipe easily by swapping the Geranium Essential Oil for any that you prefer. Coconut Milk Powder or Goat's Milk Powder may also be substituted for the Whole Milk Powder.
Himalayan Pink Salt Milk Bath
Makes three 8-ounce (240 ml) jars
- 2 cups (480 ml) Milk Powder: Whole Milk
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) Salt: Himalayan Pink, Fine
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Salt: Dendritic
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Grain Products: Colloidal Oat Flour, Fine, USP
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) Clay: Kaolin, Coral
- 15 drops Essential Oil: Geranium
- Combine dendritic salt and essential oil in a large mixing bowl and stir together until smooth.
- Add milk powder and oat flour, stirring well to combine.
- Divide mixture into two bowls, with 1 1/2 cups (300 ml) in each.
- Add kaolin clay to one bowl and mix well.
- Spoon the pink mixture into three jars, divided evenly. Tap gently to settle powder.
- Spoon the white mixture into three jars, divided evenly. Tap gently to settle powder.
- Top each jar with 1/3 of the Himalayan pink salt. Secure lids.
Usage & Packaging
- Himalayan Pink Salt Milk Baths look lovely in glass jars. Try layering them in our 8 ounce Flint Jars with White Lids. They may also be packaged in PET Jars or Cello Bags.
- Milk Baths should remain fresh in jars for at least six months.
- To use, simply pour contents of one jar into bath water. Salts and powders will dissolve.
This post was brought to you by From Nature With Love, offering a huge selection of top quality natural ingredients and supplies for skin care, hair care, soap making, and more!
Save 7% on your qualifying online order with discount code: NBW0617!