Chickpea Flour, also called Garbanzo Flour, has been a traditional ingredient in Indian beauty and skin care for generations. It has a soft, gentle texture that lends itself perfectly to body scrubs. When paired with sugar, Chickpea Flour can polish your arms, legs, back and torso to a silky, soft finish. Light, moisturizing Sweet Almond Oil helps keep your freshly buffed skin happy and well conditioned while a touch of rose fragrance gives this recipe a comforting aroma.
Almond Chickpea Sugar Scrub
Makes about four ounces
- 1/2 cup Turbinado Sugar
- 3 – 4 tablespoons Sweet Almond Oil
- 2 tablespoons Chickpea Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Wild Rose Plant-Based Fragrance Oil or up to 1/8 teaspoon Rose Otto Essential Oil (optional)
- Combine the Sugar and Chickpea Flour in a small mixing bowl and stir well.
- Add the Sweet Almond Oil little by little until you reach your desired consistency. Use a little less oil for a drier scrub, and a little more for a looser, more wet scrub.
- Add the Fragrance Oil or Essential Oil, mix again, then transfer to jars.
Usage & Packaging
Sugar scrubs look great in our 2 ounce PET Jars. To use the scrub, massage it liberally to wet skin on your arms, legs and torso, then rinse.