Melt & Pour soap can be a lot of fun. As far as soap making methods go, this one probably offers the widest range of complexity. You can keep things easy by making a solid colored soap, or spice things up with layers, additives, and embedding. It all just depends on how much you feel like taking on.
This particular recipe is about a medium as far as difficulty goes. It involves coloring and scenting two batches of base and layering them into their molds. The result is a pretty two-toned bar with a pleasant layered scent.
- 1 pound Clear Coconut Melt & Pour Base
- 2 tablespoons White Kaolin Clay
- 1 tablespoon Aloe Vera Gel (or water)
- 2 teaspoons Avocado Oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Jeweltone Garnet Mica
- 1/2 teaspoon Jeweltone Emerald Mica
- 1 - 2 teaspoons Enchanted Eucalypus Plant-Based Fragrance Oil
- 1 - 2 teaspoons Grapefruit Splash Plant-Based Fragrance Oil
- A small sprayer bottle filled with rubbing alcohol
- Cut the Melt & Pour Base into cubes, then melt it in a double boiler.
- Mix the Kaolin Clay and Aloe Vera Gel together in a small bowl, then mix that paste into the soap base.
- In two other bowls, mix each of the micas with 1 teaspoon of Avocado Oil, forming a slurry in each bowl.
- Remove the soap base from the heat, and divide it in half. Add the Gemtone Emerald Mica and Enchanted Eucalyptus Plant-Based Fragrance Oil to the first half, mixing well to thoroughly combine the ingredients. Return the second half of the base to the heat so that it remains melted.
- Carefully pour the colored and scented soap into your soap molds, filling each mold about halfway up. Allow the soap to cool and harden until the top layer of the soap sets.
- Once the first half of the soap sets just enough to support the second layer, start working on your second half of the soap. Remove it from the heat, and mix in the Gemtone Garnet Mica and the Grapefruit Splash Plant-Based Fragrance Oil. Mix the ingredients well to combine.
- Spritz each soap in the mold with rubbing alcohol, then carefully pour the second layer of soap into the molds. Allow the bars to cool and harden completely before removing them from the mold.
Usage & Packaging
This post was brought to you by From Nature With Love, offering a huge selection of top quality natural ingredients and supplies for skin care, hair care, soap making, and more!
Save 7% on your qualifying online order with discount code: NBW1216!