I don't know about you, but personally, I find the smell of coconut to be something beyond delicious. It brings me a sense of calm and satisfaction, as if I were on a beach somewhere sipping a pina colada. This is just the sort of mood that I like to achieve at bath time, so it's only natural that coconut comes in to play when I'm dreaming up new recipes for bath treats.
These chunky bath melts combine skin-nourishing Coconut Milk Powder, cleansing Sea Salt, and moisturizing Organic Virgin Coconut Cream Oil into cute, single serving pieces. A touch of Silk Powder helps make these beautiful little bath treats even more luxurious.
The Jojoba Esters in this recipe are optional. I found that these bars stayed surprisingly hard without the added Esters, but if you live in a very warm climate, or you plan on shipping the bars, the addition of Jojoba Esters can help make them a little more stable.
I loved the all-natural version of this recipe for its mild and authentic aroma. If you'd like to enrich the scent of these bars even further, you can add 1-2 teaspoons of Coconut Cream Fragrance Oil to the melted oil and milk powder mixture.
Coconut Milk Bath Bars
Makes 12 - 18 small bath melts
- 4 ounces Organic Virgin Coconut Cream Oil
- 1/2 ounce Jojoba Esters, MP70 (optional)
- 1 cup Coconut Milk Powder
- 1 cup Sea Salt, Medium
- 1 tablespoon Silk Peptide Powder
- Heat the Organic Virgin Coconut Cream Oil and Jojoba Esters (if you are using them) in a double boiler until completely melted.
- Sift the Coconut Milk Powder and Silk Peptide Powder through a fine mesh sifter to remove any lumps. Add it to the melted oils, then stir together until completely dissolved.
- Stir in the Sea Salt, then carefully transfer the mixture to silicone ice cube trays or foil cups.
- Chill the mixture until completely cooled and hardened. If you used square or rectangular molds to shape your bars, use a sharp knife to cut them into single serving cubes.
Usage & Packaging
Coconut Milk Bath Bars look great packaged in our Acetate Soap Boxes. Try wrapping the boxes in ribbon, or attaching a cute label to the front. To use, drop a single serving bar into warm bath water. The bar should melt, spreading soothing ingredients throughout the bath.
This post was brought to you by From Nature With Love, offering a huge selection of top quality natural ingredients and supplies for skin care, hair care, soap making, and more!
Save 7% on your qualifying online order with discount code: NBW0617!