Even the best head of hair sometimes needs a little extra love. This silk-infused leave-in conditioner uses Marshmallow Root to help de-tangle your hair, while Hibiscus and Oat Straw pump up softness and shine. Aloe Gel moisturizes and conditions, and adds a little bit of texture. We scented this recipe with our delicate Tunisian Neroli, but you can omit the Essential Oil and Polysorbate if you’d prefer to keep the recipe all-natural and unscented.
Hibiscus Silk Leave-In Conditioner
Makes about sixteeen ounces
- 1 tablespoon Hibiscus Powder
- 1 tablespoon Marshmallow Root Powder
- 8 ounces distilled water
- 12 ounces of Aloe Vera Gel 1:1
- 1 teaspoon Oat Straw Extract 10:1
- 1 tablespoon Silk Peptide Powder
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) Neroli Essential Oil
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) Polysorbate 20
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) Grapefruit Seed Extract
You can purchase the ingredients for this recipe online at www.FromNatureWithLove.com.
Use discount code, NBWS4277 to save 7% off qualifying items in your online order!
- Combine the Hibiscus Powder and Marshmallow Root Powder in a heat-proof bowl or beaker. Mix in eight ounces of boiled water, and allow to steep for thirty minutes.
- Strain the infused water through several layers of cheesecloth to remove the powders. The solids can be discarded.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Oat Straw Extract and Silk Powder with a few tablespoons of Aloe Vera Gel. Add enough Gel to create a smooth paste, then add the rest of the Gel slowly, stirring continuously as the ingredients are combined.
- In another small container, combine the Neroli, Polysorbate 20, and Grapefruit Seed Extract. Make sure that the ingredients are fully blended together.
- Combine the infused water with the Aloe Vera mixture and the Essential Oil mixture. Mix well to make sure that the ingredients are well dispersed throughout the mixture.
Usage & Packaging
- The bulk of this recipe should be stored in your refrigerator. A large glass bottle would be ideal. A small glass spray bottle can be kept in the bathroom for daily use. Try our 2 Ounce Cobalt with Sprayer.
- Spritz damp hair liberally with the conditioner before brushing.