The weather is finally warming up, and everyone seems to have Summer beauty on their mind. Bright colored berries are crowding shelves in almost every grocery store, bursting with sweet, juicy antioxidants. In this special fresh recipe, we blend some of those heavenly berries with fresh yogurt, gentle Kaolin Clay, and exfoliating Himalayan Salt. The result is a luscious mixture that acts as a scrub and mask, giving your arms, legs, back, and tummy a gorgeous glow.
Because the moisture level in the berries and yogurt can vary, you may need a little more or a little less than one and a half cups of salt. Add enough salt to produce a scrub with a chunky, but spreadable texture.
Fresh Ginger-Raspberry Body Polish
Makes 1 pint (enough for a full body treatment)
- 6 ounces fresh organic raspberries
- 2 inch knob of fresh ginger root
- 16 ounces of plain, organic Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup White Kaolin Clay
- 1-2 cups Himalayan Pink Salt, Fine
- 10 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- Rinse the raspberries well in cold water. Blot them gently on a towel to dry off any excess water.
- Chop the ginger into small chunks.
- Transfer the berries, ginger, and yogurt to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Combine the pureed yogurt mixture with the Kaolin Clay, mixing until smooth and free from lumps.
- Add the Himalayan Pink Salt, followed by the Essential Oil, and mix well.
Usage & Packaging
This is a fresh recipe, so it should be used immediately. This formulation is not suited for long term storage, and is not shelf stable. Leftovers should be stored in a clean, airtight container in the refrigerator for no more than five days.
To use, apply directly to the body, on arms, legs, back, and belly. This formula is too rough for facial use. It should not be used on the face or on any other sensitive areas. Leave the mask on for about ten minutes. Gently massage the mask on your skin in a slow, circular motion. Remove the remaining mask by rinsing with lukewarm water. Follow with your favorite moisturizer or body oil.
You can purchase the ingredients for this recipe online at www.FromNatureWithLove.com. Use discount code, NBWS4277 to save 7% off qualifying items in your online order!
This post was brought to you by From Nature With Love, offering a huge selection of top quality natural ingredients and supplies for skin care, hair care, soap making, and more!
Save 7% on your qualifying online order with discount code: NBWB0318!