Carrot Oil is packed with vitamins. The rich beta-carotene content in Carrot Oil gives it an almost surreal yellow/orange hue. When used in formulations, the oil acts as a natural colorant, tinting products with its bold color. Because of Carrot Oil's super saturated color, it's important to use it sparingly in formulations for skin care. This lip balm uses just around 16% Carrot Oil, enough to color the balm and leave a temporary tint on the lips. Like Carrot Oil, Murumuru Butter is rich in Vitamin A, making this lip balm excellent for soothing dry, cracked lips. We used Tangerine Flavor Oil to give this balm a sweet scent, but it would be perfectly delicious if left all-natural and unscented.
Sweet Carrot Lip Balm
Makes about 16 tubes of lip balm
- 1 ounce Yellow Beeswax
- 1 ounce Murumuru Butter
- 3/4 ounce Jojoba, Natural
- 1/4 ounce Carrot Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Liquid Lecithin
- 1/2 teaspoon Tangerine Flavor Oil, optional
- Combine the Beeswax and Murumuru Butter in a double boiler. Melt the ingredients over high heat.
- Next, add the Jojoba and Carrot Oils, followed by the Lecithin. Stir the ingredients well to combine, making sure that everything has fully mixed and melted together.
- Remove the mixture from the heat, then add the Flavor Oil, if you are using it.
- Carefully pour the lip balms into tubes or pots. Allow the to cool completely before use.
Usage & Packaging
This recipe works really well in our Lip Balm Tubes due to its firm texture. The balm will produce a slightly yellow/orange tint when applied to lips.
You can purchase the ingredients for this recipe online at www.FromNatureWithLove.com. Use discount code, NBWS4277 to save 7% off qualifying items in your online order!
This post was brought to you by From Nature With Love, offering a huge selection of top quality natural ingredients and supplies for skin care, hair care, soap making, and more!
Save 7% on your qualifying online order with discount code: NBWB0318!