Kelp & Sea Salt Body Scrub: An exfoliating scrub packed with sea vegetable, green clay, and moisturizing camellia seed oil.
I have a tendency to lose myself in daydreams during the winter months. While I hide out from chilly winds and icy puddles my mind drifts to days spent by the sea shore. Inspired by salty breezes and rich green seaweed, I whipped up this simple body scrub to get myself just a little closer to my dreams. This Kelp & Sea Salt Body Scrub is the perfect recipe for any mermaid, imaginary or otherwise.
I started out with a standard scrub ingredient – fine sea salt. This classic ingredient makes a wonderful main ingredient for body scrubs with its tiny grain size and rich mineral content. Fine sea salt does a superb job of polishing away dead skin cells. I added a little bit of French green clay to make this sea salt body scrub extra cleansing. French green clay is great for pulling dirt and toxins from the skin.
Kelp contains a bevy of skin-loving vitamins and minerals. It also adds a gorgeous earthy color and ocean scent. The characteristic aroma of kelp blends perfectly with the tart floral of lavender and the sweet citrus smell of palmarosa. Camellia acts as the other main ingredient in the kelp & sea salt body scrub. Camellia is one of our favorite carrier oils for making body scrubs. It has a light, non-greasy texture, but moisturizes and conditions the skin like a champ.
Feel free to play with the essential oil blend in this recipe to make it your own. Lavender and kelp also blend well with yuzu or sweet orange essential oils. Spearmint, juniper, pine would also smell great in a variation of this blend.
Kelp & Sea Salt Body Scrub
Makes about three 2-ounce jars
- 180 grams small grain sea salt
- 80 ml camellia oil
- 5 grams French green clay
- 4 grams kelp powder
- 0.65 ml lavender essential oil
- 0.65 ml palmarosa essential oil
- Combine sea salt, clay, and kelp powder in mixing bowl. Stir well to mix and be sure to break up any clumps in the ingredients.
- Add camellia oil and essential oils. Stir again.
- Transfer to jars or use immediately.
Usage & Packaging
- Body scrubs look great in our 2 Ounce PET Jars.
- To use, simply massage onto moistened skin in a gentle, circular motion. Rinse and follow with cleanser if needed.