Apple Rosemary Vinegar Hair Rinse: a super simple clarifying rinse for hair and scalp.
Vinegar hair rinse is a standard, and arguably indispensable companion to any natural shampoo or hair washing routine. Soap-based shampoos, such as shampoo bars or castile washes, can leave residue on the hair that can cause it to appear dull or feel stiff or sticky. To give hair a silky smooth feeling, vinegar hair rinse is key.
When properly diluted, Apple Cider Vinegar can help encourage a healthy and well balanced scalp while also removing any leftover soap residue from the hair. Apple cider vinegar also has a knack for detangling hair, making it an excellent conditioner prior to brushing or combing. Even those with long hair or curly hair often find vinegar hair rinse to be surprisingly effective versus conventional hair conditioners.
Rosemary is a classic ingredient in hair care formulations – treasured for its ability to promote scalp health and shiny tresses. Our Organic Rosemary Hydrosol adds a gorgeous herbal aroma to the hair rinse as well. The hydrosol is typically less camphorus than rosemary essential oil, giving the ingredient a bright, fresh aroma that highlights the green, herbaceous qualities of fresh rosemary.
Aspen Bark Powder has been added to act as a natural preservative. This dry extract helps to deter microbial contamination while adding a conditioning boost.
While a vinegar hair rinse can be made with plain water, using a beneficial hydrosol, such as our Organic Rosemary Hydrosol, kicks this simple formulation up to the next level. Try experimenting with our other hydrosols to blend your own custom hair rinse.
Apple Rosemary Vinegar Hair Rinse
Makes about 8.5 ounces (251 ml)
- 6 ounces (177 ml) Organic Rosemary Hydrosol
- 2 ounces (59) distilled water
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 0.25 ounces (7 grams) Aspen Bark Powder
- Heat distilled water to approximately 140 degrees F (60 degrees C). Add aspen bark powder and mix well until fully incorporated.
- Combine distilled water with hydrosol and vinegar in a bottle. Close bottle and shake well to combine.
Usage & Packaging
- Vinegar hair rinses, like this one, work very well in plastic bottles with disc or turret caps. This allows the user to apply the product safely and easily. We love using our 8 Ounce PET Cosmo with Turret Caps for this recipe.
- To use, soak hair liberally with rinse and allow the product to set for several minutes. Massage the scalp gently before rinsing thoroughly with fresh water. This can be done following a hair wash or as a stand-alone treatment any time.