Sea Clay & Aloe Vera Facial Mud Mask: An exfoliating and deep cleansing mask infused with palmarosa and sandalwood
Facial exfoliation is a tricky endeavor. While you want to do the job right, smoothing away dead skin cells thoroughly and consistently, you don’t want to damage the skin by scratching and scouring. Overly abrasive scrubs and exfoliation treatments can leave skin vulnerable to troublesome bacteria or even cause micro-scarring. Gentle exfoliating scrubs, like this Sea Clay & Aloe Vera Facial Mud Mask has a soft touch, making it perfect for regular use.
This recipe starts off with a blend of our mineral-rich Sea Clay and super absorbent French Green Clay. Sea Clay has a smooth and pleasant texture that provides skin with a finely polished glow when used as a scrub. French Green Clay is known for it’s drawing abilities. It can pull dirt and toxins from deep within the skin.
We mixed these two powerhouse clays with soothing Aloe Vera Powder, Silk Powder, and moisturizing Organic Camellia Oil. Camellia Oil is a favorite for facial formulations due to its light, non-greasy texture an rich fatty acid profile. The sweet grassy scent of palmarosa and deep woody sandalwood finish off this formulation with a boost of soothing and balancing properties.
Sea Clay & Aloe Vera Facial Mud Mask
Makes about 49 grams (fills two 1-ounce jars)
- 20 grams Organic Camellia Oil
- 16 grams French Green Clay
- 8 grams Sea Clay
- 4 grams Aloe Vera Powder
- 1 gram Superfine Silk Powder
- 4 drops of Palmarosa Essential Oil
- 3 drops of Organic Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood Essential Oil
- Combine French green clay, sea clay, aloe vera powder, and silk powder and sift together to remove clumps.
- In a second vessel, combine camellia oil with essential oils and mix well.
- Blend the oils into the powders slowly and mix until powders are fully saturated.
Usage & Packaging
- This recipe fits nicely into our 1-Ounce Flint Jars.
- To use, simply apply a thin layer of mask to slightly moistened skin. Allow the mask to set for up to thirty minutes, then massage face gently with warm water to remove. Follow with toner and moisturizer as needed.