Loofah Fruit Slice Soaps
- Cut, measure, and separate melt and pour soap bases.
- Heat red soap base gently using a double-boiler until melted.
- Add fragrance oil, if using, and stir well.
- Pour a thin layer of soap into small round soap molds. (We used this one.)
- Place loofah discs into molds. Use a spoon or popsicle stick to press down on the loofah discs inside the molds. This will help the discs absorb the soap base and secure them in place.
- Pour remaining melted soap into the molds, covering the loofah discs completely.
- Repeat steps with remaining colors of soap base.
- Allow soaps to cool and harden completely before removing from mold (about thirty minutes.)
- To use, simply lather soaps with water, scrub, then rinse.
- Melt and pour soaps should be wrapped tightly in plastic until use. Once soaps are fully cooled and hardened, wrap them in plastic, cellophane, or small cello bags.
Shelf Life & Stability: Please note that the formulations featured here on The Natural Beauty Workshop have not been challenge tested for stability or shelf life, and may not be suitable for commercial use as-is. For more information on shelf life, stability, and working with preservatives, check out the following article from our Information Library.