Sleepytime Aromatherapy Perfume Oil: A soothing blend of jojoba and essential oils
Perfume oil is awfully fun to make, and one of those kinds of products that can be as simple or as sophisticated as you’d like to make it. Aromatic ingredients, like essential oils, absolutes, and CO2 extracts are added to a stable carrier oil, such as clear jojoba or MCT Oil at around 20-30%. This ratio is much stronger than is used in typical skin care products, and should greatly reduced for use with children.
This perfume oil combines a blend of soothing essential oils to help promote relaxation and restfulness – perfect for bed time! If you prefer, you can swap out any of the oils included here with another favorite. Just try to stick to the ratio provided here while you experiment. Lavender and clary sage make up the largest portion of the recipe since they act as middle notes. The lighter scents of mandarin and chamomile make up the top notes while the deeper, earthier scents of sandalwood and ylang ylang provide base notes.
Sleepytime Aromatherapy Perfume Oil
Makes three 1/3 ounce roller-bottles
- 1 ounce Clear Jojoba Oil
- 45 drops Clary Sage Essential Oil
- 45 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 15 drops Mandarin Essential Oil
- 15 drops Roman Chamomile Essential Oil
- 15 drops Sandalwood Essential Oil
- 15 drops Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
- Combine essential oils in small glass bottle, and allow to set for 24 – 48 hours to fully blend.
- Add jojoba oil and shake well.
- Transfer to roll-on bottles and cap with rollers and caps.
Usage & Packaging
- We used our 1/3 ounce roller bottles to package these perfumes, but you can use any glass or stainless steel vessel you like. Just make sure that it has a tight seal.
- To use, simply roll a small dab on wrists or neck.