Dead Sea Mud & Moringa Scalp Mask: a deep cleansing mud for hair and scalp.
As every child knows, playing with mud can be REALLY fun. Dead Sea Mud is my favorite type to experiment with for natural beauty and hair care. Rich in nourishing minerals and brimming with detoxification benefits, this smooth natural mud makes an excellent main ingredient for personal care. We used it as the inspiration for our newest recipe, Dead Sea Mud & Moringa Scalp Mask.
Scalp masks are great for helping itchy or troublesome scalps to clarify and reset. For this recipe, we combined Dead Sea Mud with moisturizing Moringa and Black Castor Oil. Both of these oils are treasured for hair care. They provide deep conditioning while helping to boost shine and elasticity. Honey, a natural humectant, helps to draw moisture to the hair and scalp while the clay does its work.
Our Dead Sea Mud & Moringa Scalp Mask recipe also contains a blend of aromatic essential oils to boost its natural benefits. Rosemary, Arnica, and Yarrow are all well known for their use in natural hair care. These oils are believed to encourage shine, growth, and balance. A splash of Yuzu is added to brighten the blend with its cheerful citrus scent.
Dead Sea Mud & Moringa Scalp Mask
Makes about 4 ounces (240 ml)
- 45 ml (3 tablespoons) Shampoo Base or Aloe Castile Shower Gel Base
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) Moringa Oil
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) Black Castor Oil
- 30 grams (1 ounce) Dead Sea Mud
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) Honey
- 1.25 ml (1/4 teaspoon) Rosemary Essential Oil
- 0.65 ml (1/8 teaspoon) Arnica Flower Total CO2 Extract
- 0.65 ml (1/8 teaspoon) Yarrow Essential Oil
- 0.65 ml (1/8 teaspoon) Yuzu Essential Oil
- Combine the shampoo base, moringa oil, castor oil, Dead Sea mud, and honey in a small non-metal bowl and whisk together.
- Add essential oils, and mix well. Transfer to jar until use.
Usage and Packaging
- We packaged our test batches of scalp mask in 4 Ounce Flat PET Jars. These crystal clear jars do a great job of showing off the natural beauty of this natural product.
- To use, separate hair into small sections, then brush mask onto the scalp. Massage scalp gently using your fingers or a simple tool like our Wooden Cellulite Brush. Cover hair with a shower cap or damp towel, then allow mask to set for 10-15 minutes. Rinse with water, then vinegar rinse (2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar per 1 cup water) followed by shampoo and conditioner if needed.