Hibiscus Honey Clay Facial Scrub: an exfoliating recipe made with natural hibiscus ingredients
I’ve been seeing hibiscus-based beauty products popping up everywhere lately! The gorgeous red hue of hibiscus petal powder and the deeply moisturizing quality of hibiscus seed oil makes either a compelling addition to beauty formulations. Hibiscus seed oil has a thick, silky texture that glides easily onto the skin. This nourishing oil helps support elasticity and is valued in mature skin care for its ability to diminish fine lines and wrinkles.
Hibiscus petal powder and rose clay provide gentle exfoliation – perfect for facial scrubs. Our Hibiscus Honey Clay Facial Scrub recipe also uses Manuka honey as a cleansing and moisturizing base. Manuka is a bit pricier than conventional honey, but it is a superior choice for skin care due to its natural antibacterial qualities. Rose geranium and tea tree essential oils give this recipe an extra boost of balancing benefits, making our Hibiscus Honey Clay Facial Scrub extra helpful for oily or acne prone skin.
Hibiscus Honey Clay Facial Scrub
Makes about 40 grams
- 1 tablespoon (6 g) Hibiscus Petal Powder
- 2 teaspoons (9 g) Hibiscus Seed Oil
- 1 tablespoon (9 g) Rose Clay
- 1 tablespoon (17 g) Manuka Honey
- 5 drops Rose Geranium Essential Oil
- 3 drops Tea Tree Essential Oil
- Combine hibiscus petal powder and rose clay in a small bowl and whisk together.
- Add hibiscus oil, Manuka honey, and essential oils. Stir well to combine.
Usage & Packaging
- This scrub looks lovely in our 1-ounce Flint Glass Jars.
- This formulation does not contain a preservative, so it should be made in small batches and used up quickly – ideally within a few days. If you’d like to give the recipe a longer shelf life, consider adding a preservative.