Yuzu Vanilla Lip Mask – an intensive lip balm perfect for fighting dry winter weather.
This time of year, when harsh winds blow and temperatures plummet, many of us find our lips in worse shape than usual. When lips go from dry to chapped, or even cracked, a typical lip balm may not be enough. This intensive lip mask combines nourishing Cupuacu Butter with moisturizing Sacha Inchi Oil and protective Castor Seed Oil. Organic Soy Lecithin is combined with natural Beeswax and Jojoba Esters to give the recipe a super sticky, long-lasting texture.
This unique blend of ingredients is designed to help bring moisture to the lips and keep it there. Cupuacu is known for its ability to aid in moisture retention, and Castor Oil is often used to form a barrier between the skin and outside elements. We added a splash of Carrot Seed Extract as well, which is prized for its use in restorative formulations. A blend of natural yuzu and vanilla aromatics finish off this formula with a subtle sweet scent that makes the balm a pleasure to use.
Bedtime is the very best time to apply this lip mask. Slather the balm over your lips generously before you go to sleep and you’ll be much more likely to wake with luscious, moisturized lips – a far more pleasant alternative to the dry, cracked lips that winter mornings tend to bring. This lip mask may also be applied throughout the day to help replenish and protect your lips from dry air and chilly temperatures.
Yuzu Vanilla Lip Mask
Makes two 1-ounce jars
- 2 tablespoons (24 g) Cupuacu Butter
- 1 tablespoon (7 g) Beeswax Pellets
- 1 tablespoon (8 g) Jojoba Esters MP70
- 1 tbsp Sacha Inchi (15 ml) Sacha Inchi Oil
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) Castor Oil
- 1 teaspoon (6 g) Organic Soy Lecithin
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) Vitamin E Oil
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.65 ml) Carrot Seed Select CO2 Extract
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.65 ml) Organic Vanilla Select CO2 Extract
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.65 ml) Cold Pressed Yuzu Essential Oil
- Combine cupuacu butter, beeswax, jojoba esters, and lecithin in double boiler and heat until fully melted.
- Remove from heat, and add sacha inchi oil, castor oil, vitamin e, extracts and essential oil. Stir well.
- Pour into jars and allow to cool until fully hardened.
Usage & Packaging
- This mask looks wonderful in our 1 Ounce Flint Jars. You may also package this recipe in 1 Ounce PET or Cobalt jars, but this formula would likely be too soft to work well in a tube.
- To use, apply balm to lips anytime lips or dry. This is especially effective as an overnight treatment, so be sure to use it generously before bed.
Shelf Life & Stability: Please note that the formulations featured here on The Natural Beauty Workshop have not been challenge tested for stability or shelf life, and may not be suitable for commercial use as-is. For more information on shelf life, stability, and working with preservatives, check out the following article from our Information Library.