Deep cleansing Sea Clay provides an ideal base for custom facial masks. With medium-strength absorption and rich mineral content, Sea Clay is a suitable ingredient for almost every skin type. Sea Clay can be mixed with plain water to make a super simple cleansing mask, or blended with specialty ingredients to bump up targeted benefits.
We use Lavender Hydrosol as a wetting agent for this mask. This fragrant hydrosol is known for its ability to help balance skin’s moisture, making it great for use on oily and acne prone skin. Lavender Hydrosol can also have a calming effect on skin. This can be really helpful for those with sensitive or combination skin types. The addition of German Chamomile CO2 Extract and Lavender Essential Oil enhances these benefits even further, making this mask a soothing, cleansing, and balancing treat for the skin.
The basic formula provided here does not include a preservative so it will need to be used right away or refrigerated between uses. If you’d like to formulate a shelf-stable version of this recipe, check out our collection of Preservative ingredients.
Lavender & Sea Clay Mask
Makes about 4 ounces (by volume)
- 1/2 cup Sea Clay
- 1/2 cup Lavender Hydrosol
- 1 tablespoon German Chamomile Flower Powder
- 1 tablespoon Lavender Buds Powder
- 2 teaspoons honey or 1 teaspoon Honey Powder
- 5 drops German Chamomile CO2 Extract
- 10 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- Combine sea clay and powdered herbs in small mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Add hydrosol and essential oil then whisk until smooth.
- Transfer to jar. Use right away or store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Usage & Packaging
- To use, spread mask mixture generously on clean, moistened skin – avoiding lips, eyes, and nostrils. Allow mask to set for 15 – 10 minutes. Mask may not dry completely. Rinse with tepid water and follow with toner and moisturizer as needed.
- We used one of our 4 Ounce PET Jars to package our test batch of mask. This would also look lovely in Flint.