We love using Argan Oil in natural hair care products. It’s rich supply of fatty acids, squalene, and Vitamin E make it so nourishing to dry and damaged tresses. This simple recipe uses Argan Oil and honey, a natural humectant, to moisturize, fortify, and replenish the hair and scalp.
Our Shea Butter Shampoo Base is included to make the mask easy to rinse and remove. It also makes this recipe fantastic for removing built up hair products like pomades and waxes. If you use heavy duty styling products regularly, adding this mask to your weekly haircare routine is a great idea.
Arnica and Rosemary Essential Oils finish off this easy formulation by adding a boost of properties to encourage a healthy scalp and a shiny happy head of hair.
Our Argan Honey Hair Mask recipe is suitable for most hair types, but is most useful for those with dry, damaged, or product-laden hair. Please note that this mask recipe has been formulated for adults. To use on children, please omit essential oils and extracts. Children under two years old should not use honey either.
Argan Honey Hair Mask
Makes about 4 ounces (120 ml) – enough for 1-2 uses
- 2 ounces (60 ml) Organic Virgin Argan Oil
- 2 ounces (60 ml) Shea Butter Shampoo Base
- 1 tablespoon (30 ml) Honey Powder or Liquid Honey
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) Rosemary Essential Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) Arnica Flower Total CO2 Extract
- Combine ingredients in small bowl and whisk together.
- Use immediately or transfer to sealed jar or bottle and refrigerate until use.
Usage & Packaging
- To use, massage into dry or towel-dry hair, starting at the ends of the hair and working toward the scalp. Pin or tie hair on top of head and cover with shower cap or damp towel to keep moist. Allow mask to set for up to thirty minutes, then rinse with warm water.
- This recipe is fairly stable as-is, but should be refrigerated unless a preservative is added. The finished mask can be made in larger batches and preserved with additional formulation and challenge testing.