Colorful Pearlescant Mica can transform plain Sea Salt into shimmering gemstone in just a few simple steps. We shared the following video a while back to help promote one of our Body Care Craft Kits. That Kit has since been retired but the project remains one of our favorites.
The contents can be purchased individually at From Nature With Love, and whipped up in batches large or small using formula shared here. We used our White Tea & Ginger Fragrance Oil in the original kit, but you can substitute any aromatic ingredient that you like. I would suggest picking one of our gorgeous Plant-Based Fragrance Oils. Perhaps the Enchanted Eucalyptus or Grapefruit Splash!
*Please note that we don’t currently offer the Coarse Sea Salt outside of the kit. The next best thing to work with is our Medium Sea Salt. It has a smaller grain size but still makes a beautiful bath salt.
Gem Stone Bath Salts
Makes two pounds
- 2 pounds Medium Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Enchanted Eucalyptus Plant-Based Fragrance Oil
- 1 teaspoon Copper Glow Mica
- 1 teaspoon Silver Sparkle Mica
- 1/2 teaspoon Lavender Mica
- 1/2 teaspoon Sun Gold Mica
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the Sea Salt with the Fragrance Oil. Stir well to combine.
- Divide the Salt into three portions, each in a separate mixing bowl.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of Silver Sparkle Mica and 1/4 teaspoon of Copper Glow Mica to the first bowl, and mix well.
- In the second bowl, combine 1/4 teaspoon of Silver Sparkle Mica with 1/4 teaspoon of Lavender Mica, and mix well.
- In the third bowl, combine 1/4 teaspoon of Copper Glow Mica and 1/4 teaspoon of Sun Gold Mica, and mix well.
- Divide the salts into the cello bags. You can separate the colored salts, mix, or layer them in the bags however you like. Tie each bag shut with a silver ribbon.
Add 2 – 3 tablespoons of bath salt to warm bath water.