This subtly spicy sugar scrub can help warm your senses during the chilly months to come. The delicious scents of molasses and gingerbread spices make this recipe a treat to whip up. Moisturizing Hazelnut Oil and vitamin-rich molasses condition your skin, while crunchy Turbinado Sugar buffs and exfoliates. Ginger, Cinnamon, and Clove Powders give this scrub a hint of spice, without being irritating to the skin. This recipe is a great way to indulge yourself on cold Winter nights. It also makes a great gift for the Winter holidays and birthdays. Be sure to add a preservative when giving scrubs as gifts. 10 drops of Grapefruit Seed Extract can help reinforce this recipe nicely.
Gingerbread Sugar Scrub
Makes about four ounces
- 4 tablespoons Hazelnut Oil
- 1 tablespoon Black Strap Molasses*
- 1 tablespoon Liquid Castile Soap or Shea Butter Shower Gel Base
- 1/2 cup Turbinado Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon Powder*
- 1/8 teaspoon Clove Powder*
- In a small bowl or beaker, combine the Hazelnut Oil, Molasses, and Liquid Soap. Mix well to emulsify the oil, soap, and molasses together.
- In a second bowl, combine the sugar and spices. Mix well, and break up any clumps in the sugar or spice powders.
- Add the liquids to the dry ingredients, and stir well to combine.
Usage & Packaging
This recipe looks lovely in our PET Jars. It can be used all over the body as an exfoliating scrub, but is probably too harsh for delicate areas, such as the face.
You can purchase the ingredients for this recipe online at www.FromNatureWithLove.com. Use discount code, NBWS4277 to save 7% off qualifying items in your online order! *Mollasses and spice ingredients can be found in the baking section of most grocery stores.