These miniature, single serving Salt Scrubs will thrill your friends and family this Halloween season. This assortment of cute, candy scented scrubs look adorable packaged in colored tissue paper, and are sure to be a big hit with kids and adults alike.
This project starts with a very basic Salt Scrub recipe. This base recipe is made in one batch, and then split into smaller portions to create a variety of scents and colors.
Makes about 6 ounces
In a small mixing bowl, combine the Sea Salt and Fractionated Coconut Oil to create the basic Scrub. Next, take 1 mounded teaspoon of scrub at a time and color and scent it individually, in disposable paper cups, using the following combinations of Mica and Fragrance Oil:
- 1/4 teaspoon Milk Chocolate Fragrance Oil & a few pinches of Copper Mica and a pinch of Black Mica
- 1/4 teaspoon Bubble Gum Fragrance Oil & 1/16 teaspoon (or less) Pink Glimmer Mica
- 1/4 teaspoon Caramel Apple Fragrance Oil & 1/16 teaspoon (or less) Jewel Tone Topaz Mica
- 1/4 teaspoon Pomegranate Fragrance Oil & a few pinches of FDA Red Mica and FDA Blue Mica and a pinch of Black Mica to deepen
- 1/4 teaspoon Raspberry Fragrance Oil & 1/16 teaspoon (or less) FDA Blue Mica (add a pinch of FDA Red Mica to achieve a more purple tone)
The micas go a long way so add a pinch at a time and stir to see how the color disperses. Use small pinches of the Black Mica to deepen the chocolate color and the pomegranate as desired.
Usage & Packaging
Package each of your mini scrub in a 1 Ounce PET Jar. Seal the lid with clear tape to make sure that there won't be any leakage. Cut a 6 inch x 8 inch piece of of colored tissue paper for each jar,wrapping them individually. Twist the ends to look like candy wrappers. The finished jars should resemble wrapped pieces of candy! To dress these up even more, top them off with decorative Halloween stickers.