Our skin is exposed to a whole lot of trouble on a regular basis. Nasty little microorganisms like mold, yeast, fungus, and bacteria can sometimes creep in and wreak havoc. Redness, itching, and even acne can be caused by these minor invasions. Luckily, nature has provided us with some excellent ingredients to help drive these little beasties out. Healing Carrier Oils like Karanja and Andiroba possess natural properties that can help battle fungus, bacteria, and other baddies that irritate our skin. The natural anti-inflammatory properties of these oils also help our skin to calm down and recover.
We've combined these two oils with a variety of other healing ingredients to create a fresh mask treatment to soothe and cleanse irritated skin. This mask does not contain any preservatives, so be sure to store it in the refrigerator between uses. Don't handle the mask directly. Instead, scoop out each serving with a clean utensil. Be sure to use the mask up within one week. After that, discard the mask and whip up a fresh batch. These precautions might seem like a little much, but keeping the mask fresh and sterile is very important. The last thing your skin needs is to be assaulted with even more bacteria, mold, and yeast!
Healing Facial Mask
Makes about two ounces
- 2 tablespoons Whole Oat Flour
- 1 tablespoon Honey Granules
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Root Powder
- 1 tablespoon White Kaolin Clay
- 1 teaspoon Andiroba Oil
- 1 teaspoon Karanja Oil
- 1 - 2 tablespoons Witch Hazel Hydrosol
- Combine the Whole Oat Flour, Ginger Root Powder, Honey Granules, and Kaolin Clay in a small bowl and mix well.
- Add the Andiroba Oil, Karanja Oil, then stir well to combine. Add the Witch Hazel Hydsrosol, a little at a time until you reach a smooth consistency.
- Transfer the mixture to a clean jar and refrigerate between uses.
Usage & Packaging
This mask fits nicely into a two ounce jar. Try using our PET Jars or Flat Cream Jars to store this recipe. Try not to handle the mask directly. Instead, use a clean spoon or spatula to remove about one or two tablespoons at a time for a single use. Apply the mask to your skin after moistening it with warm water. Allow the mask to dry for ten to twenty minutes, then rinse with warm water. Follow with a toner and/or moisturizer as needed.