This beautiful blend of herbs, flowers, and salt can be used to prep skin before a facial or to refresh skin and open pores as a stand-alone treatment. Facial steams are easy to make, a pleasure to use, and can have incredible visual appeal.
This recipe combines Fennel Powder, German Chamomile Flowers, and Lemongrass to create a sort of facial tea. Dead Sea Salt and Linden Blossom CO2 Extract kick this formula up a notch by enhancing both its aroma and benefit.
Try swapping out one or more herbs to customize your blend. The formula can be targeted to a particular client or skin type by substituting the appropriate Essential Oil or CO2 Extract. Even packaging this recipe provides a great opportunity for customization. Facial Steams look lovely in glass jars, clear bags, natural fibers, or even paper.
Sweet Fennel Facial Steam
Makes about six 1/2-ounce (15g) servings
- ½ ounce Lemongrass (Dried)
- ½ ounce Spearmint Leaf
- 1 ounce German Chamomile Flowers
- ½ ounce Fennel Seed Powder
- 1 tablespoon Dead Sea Salt, Medium
- 5 drops Linden Blossom CO2 Extract
- Combine the Dead Sea Salt and Linden Blossom CO2 Extract in a small bowl and stir well.
- Toss the salt with the herbs and flowers.
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a small saucepan. Turn off the burner, then add the salt and herbs to the pot. Allow the mixture to steep for about ten minutes.
- Fill a bathroom sink about halfway with very hot, steaming water. Pour the herbal mixture through a fine mesh strainer and into the sink.
- Create a tent to capture the steam by draping a towel over your head and shoulders, then hold your head about six to eight inches above the sink.
- Enjoy the steam from inside your little "tent" for about 3-5 minutes. If you become dizzy or lightheaded take a break immediately.
- Follow your steam with a quick rinse of plain tepid water.
- This recipe looks very pretty when packaged in our Medium Muslin Bags and Small Cello Bags. We recommend scooping 1/2 ounce portions into Small Muslin Bags and placing the filled bags in a Small Cello Bag to be shared in sets of three or six.
- Another beautiful option would be to package the entire "naked" batch in a 16 Ounce Flint Jar or a 1-pint mason jar.
This post was brought to you by From Nature With Love, offering a huge selection of top quality natural ingredients and supplies for skin care, hair care, soap making, and more!
Save 7% on your qualifying online order with discount code: NBWS0716!