The world of handcrafted soaps and personal care products can be a tad overwhelming when you are just getting started. Before you can master the art of developing your own amazing recipes you'll need to learn the basics.
The following books are some of our very favorites for providing an introductory education into the world of formulation. With a library of wisdom at your side, you'll soon be able to swirl soaps, whip butters, and stabilize emulsions with the best of them.
Aromatherapy & Essential Oils:
- Aromatherapy Companion by Victoria H. Edwards
- Aromatherapy for the Healthy Child by Valerie Ann Worwood
- Aromatherapy Handbook for Beauty Hair & Skin by Erich Keller
- Essential Oils Book by Colleen K. Dodt
Everyday Personal Care & Fresh/Home Spa Products:
- Herbal Home Spa by Greta Breedlove
- Herbs for Natural Beauty (Rosemary Gladstar's Herbal Remedies)
- Naturally Healthy Hair by Mary Beth Janssen
- Naturally Healthy Skin by Stephanie Tourles
- Organic Body Care Recipes by Stephanie Tourles
- The Natural Beauty Solution by Mary Helen Leonard
Bath Products, Lotions & Personal Fragrance:
- Bath Bombs by Elaine Staver
- Making Aromatherapy Creams & Lotions by Donna Maria
- Perfumes, Splashes and Colognes by Nancy M. Booth
- (Melt & Pour) Melt & Mold Soap Crafting by Kaila C. Westermen
- (Liquid Soap) Making Natural Liquid Soaps by Catherine Failor
- (Hand-Milling) Natural Soapmaking by Marie Browning
- (Cold Process) Soapmaker's Companion by Susan Miller Cavitch
- Carrier Oils for Aromatherapy & Massage by Leonard Price
- Hydrosols: The Next Aromatherapy by Suzanne Catty
Business & Entrepreneurship:
What books helped you get started with making handmade soaps and products? We'd love to hear your recommendations. Please share them with us in the comments below!
This post was brought to you by From Nature With Love, offering a huge selection of top quality natural ingredients and supplies for skin care, hair care, soap making, and more!
Save 7% on your qualifying online order with discount code: NBW0617!