Makes about four 3-ounce soaps
- 8 ounces Suspension Melt and Pour Base
- 4 ounces Cocoa Butter Melt and Pour Base
- 2 teaspoons Mimosa Fragrance Oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon Pink Glimmer Mica
- 1 teaspoon Dutch Blue Poppy Seeds
- Using a sharp kitchen knife, carefully chop the Melt & Pour Soap Bases into cubes.
- Melt the Suspension Melt and Pour base in a double boiler over medium to high heat.
- Pour the melted from the double boiler into a small mixing bowl or pyrex dish. We've found that using a pre-warmed pyrex dish can be very helpful.
- Add one teaspoon of the fragrance oil and the mica to your melted soap base and gently stir.
- Add Poppy Seeds and fill soap molds about 3/4 the way up, leaving room for the second layer of soap.
- Spritz soap surface with alcohol to remove bubbles and help adhere layers. Let soap cool as second layer is prepared.
- Melt Cocoa Butter Melt and Pour Base in a double boiler over medium to high heat.
- Pour the melted from the double boiler into a small mixing bowl or pyrex dish.
- Add one teaspoon of the fragrance oil and gently stir.
- Allow mixture to cool for 1-2 minutes before pouring into molds - over the first layer of soap.
- Spritz soap surface with alcohol to remove bubbles.
- Allow soaps to cool completely before removing from molds. Once cooled, turn molds over and gently press to release the soaps. If the soaps are sticking, try putting the mold in the freezer for 1-2 minutes before trying again.
- Wrap soaps in plastic wrap or tightly sealed Cello Bags as soon as they are fully cooled.
Tip: Humidity in the air can cause the glycerin in your soaps to sweat, creating small beads of moisture on the soap's surface. Keep your soaps as dry as possible to avoid this happening. If your soaps do sweat, simply wipe them off with a warm, slightly damp paper towel. You can add a few drops of alcohol to the towel for a smooth finish.
This post was brought to you by From Nature With Love, offering a huge selection of top quality natural ingredients and supplies for skin care, hair care, soap making, and more!
Save 7% on your qualifying online order with discount code: NBWB0318!