Normally when we feature a favorite selection from the FNWL Bookstore we do so by writing a review. Today we’re doing something a little different. I wrote this book myself – so as you might imagine I felt a little funny about reviewing it! Instead, I thought it would be fun to share some of the wonderful feedback that The Natural Beauty Solution has received since being published back in June.
I couldn’t be happier with the reviews and press that the book has gotten over the past six months. If you’ve read The Natural Beauty Solution and you’d like to offer the project your support, please consider adding a review on From Nature With Love, Amazon, or Goodreads.
The following are few quotes from happy readers:
“… This is really a bible for the person looking not just to make but to understand natural beauty products. The reference material in it, such as tables of natural oils showing their properties in beauty products, elevate the book above the level of a typical DIY recipe collection….” – Kathy Ciuci
“…This book is so inspiring! It’s the kind of book I love: friendly tone, lots of extra troubleshooting tips and advice in the sidebars, and well-designed for easy reading comprehension. ….” – Hilah Cooking
“…Several cuts above the hippy dippy natural beauty selections you come across in the health food store, The Natural Beauty Solution is a chic lifestyle book that matches Mary Helen Leonard’s signature look and feel of approachable sophistication…” – Kristin Sheppard
The Natural Beauty Solution has also been mentioned in several online and print magazines!
- “Mary Helen Leonard’s The Natural Beauty Solution coaxed the skeptic out of me… The approach is grown up rather than hippy and homespun.” – Stylist UK compared The Natural Beauty Solution to another recent DIY beauty title in a recent issue and I’m glad to report that The Natural Beauty Solution garnered a glowing review!
- Mind Body Green has shared several excerpts from the book including recipes for Coconut Hair Wash and Pedicure Soak, tips on perfecting your facial masque technique, and a primer for using essential oils in natural beauty recipes.
- Naturally Seo Magazine mentioned The Natural Beauty Solution in a recent article on DIY facials. The article includes a charcoal mask recipe contributed by me, Mary Helen Leonard.
You can find out even more about the book by checking out posts from The Natural Beauty Solution’s Blog Tour! The following bloggers graciously shared their experiences creating recipes from the book. What fun!
Blog Tour Posts
- Scrunch Spray | Hip Girl’s Guide to Home Making
- Alpha Hydroxy Facial | What Jew Wanna Eat
- Rosemary & Pale Ale Shampoo Bars | It Takes Time
- Almond Yogurt Body Scrub | Local Savour
- Baking Soda Wash & ACV Rinse | Love Fed
- Book Review | Mad Betty
- Blog Tour Roundup | Mary Makes Good