It's hard to believe that it's already time to ring in the new year. With 2014 just around the corner, I thought it would be fun to highlight some of my favorite blog posts from the past year. What were your favorite Natural Beauty Workshop posts this year? What are you hoping to see more of in 2014?
My Favorite Posts from 2013
- Fresh Raspberry Ginger Body Polish: I fell head-over-heels for this combination of spicy ginger, fresh yogurt, and sweet raspberry. Fresh masks and scrubs are so much fun, and perfect for spa parties, ladies' nights, and indulging yourself at home.
- Natural Shampoo Alternatives: 2013 was my first year spent shampoo-free. I enjoyed highlighting this method as well as some other popular shampoo alternatives in this post.
- Hibiscus Silk Leave-In Conditioner: My growing interest in natural hair care inspired me to create several different hair recipes this year. My favorite of the bunch would have to be this heavenly scented detangling conditioner.
- Cocoa Rose Bath Melts: These beautiful bath tub treats are simply luscious. I adore the scent of Cocoa Butter and pure Rose together with sparkling pink Himalayan salts. These gorgeous melts make awesome gifts!
- How to Make Whipped Body Butters: Some of my favorite Natural Beauty Workshop recipes are for whipped body butter. I had a great time creating this simple guide to whipping up original recipes.
- Creamy Carrot Salt Scrub: Of all the carrot recipes I shared this year, this scrub takes the cake. The creamy Shealoe Butter base for this scrub is so luxurious!
- Thai Bath Tea: Sometimes the simplest beauty projects can turn out to be something really special. The earthy combination of herbs and aromatics in this fragrant bath tea had me daydreaming with every batch.
- Orange Spice Holiday Simmer: This colorful natural potpourri project was a joy to work on. I loved photographing the bright citrus and whole spices, and my house smelled incredible for days!
- The Best Ingredients for Mature Skin Care: I receive questions about formulating recipes for mature skin all the time. Fighting wrinkles and premature aging is a big concern for Natural Beauty Workshop readers, so I was happy to share an article that highlights the very best ingredients to care for gracefully aging skin.
- Working With Percentages: I wrote this post as much for our readers as for myself. Math is easily my least favorite part of formulating natural beauty recipes, but getting your numbers in order is absolutely essential for success. This post walks you through one of the most common mathematic headaches involved in recipe development, working out ratios and percentages.
- Ginger Honey Pedi-Scrub: A little something for your tired piggies, this recipe combines powerful antibacterial ingredients with soothing moisture and exfoliating raw sugar. When it's time to treat my feet, this is my go-to recipe.
- Gem Stone Bath Salts Video Tutorial: I love making videos! This was my first in a new series of tutorial videos I plan to make to accompany our line of Body Care Craft Kits. Be sure to watch this video in HD for the best quality.
This post was brought to you by From Nature With Love, offering a huge selection of top quality natural ingredients and supplies for skin care, hair care, soap making, and more!
Save 7% on your qualifying online order with discount code: NBW1217!