This simple juice recipe is just sweet enough to please most people's palates, but still contains loads of healthy vitamins and minerals that are essential for beautiful skin and hair. Vitamin A is the superstar in this recipe, being abundant in every ingredient besides the lemon and ginger. Vitamin B is another hero in our ABC Beauty Tonic, reinforcing the health of hair, nails, and skin! Kale provides a boost of other helpful vitamins, while romaine adds silica, which is great for promoting strong shiny hair.
This juice also contains a great punch of vitamin C, which can not only help boost your immune system, but also works as a powerful antioxidant. The natural sodium in celery help keep you well hydrated, which is key to skin health. Ginger adds a zesty flavor while acting as a mild anti-inflammatory. Sweetening the recipe is apple. Unlike commercially processed apple juice, raw apple juice retains a plethora of live phyto-nutrients that your body will love.
This is a great daily juice to help your hair, skin, and whole body feel healthy. You'll need a juicer machine in order to make this recipe. If you don't have a juicer, never fear! I'll be posting a smoothie recipe soon for people who don't have access to a juicer.
- 3 leaves kale
- 1 romaine heart
- 2 carrots
- 1 stick celery (with leaves)
- 1 medium-large apple
- 1/2 lemon, peeled
- 1 inch knob of ginger
Juice the ingredients according to your juicer's manufacturer instructions. The live phyto-nutrients in your juice diminish over time, so be sure to enjoy your juice right away. If you have to wait to drink your juice, store it chilled, in an airtight container.
- Thoroughly wash and rinse all of your produce before juicing. Since you won't be cooking any of these ingredients, food safety is extremely important. Wash your produce well, and keep it far away from any hazardous foods like raw meat or eggs.
- Remove the core from your apples before juicing. The apple seeds contain natural poisons, which are definitely not good for you.
- I've found that organic kale tastes much better than conventional. Try using organic kale for a less bitter juice.
- Try juicing your leafy greens first, allowing the harder vegetables to help push the softer bits through.
Looking for more juice recipes for natural beauty? Check out these two posts from other beauty bloggers:
This post was brought to you by From Nature With Love, offering a huge selection of top quality natural ingredients and supplies for skin care, hair care, soap making, and more!
Save 7% on your qualifying online order with discount code: NBW0617!