When it comes to facials, gentle is best. Mild ingredients, like Hydrosols, Kaolin Clays, and Milk Powders, can help to revitalize your skin while cleansing and exfoliationg, without harsh scrubbing, drying detergents, or acidic peels. Another great thing about gentle facials is that you can use them as often as you like. Because this recipe won't over-dry your skin, you can feel free to apply it several times a week, or even daily.
Clarifying Honey & Sage Facial
Makes enough for one - two uses
- 2 tablespoons White Kaolin Clay
- 1 tablespoon Buttermilk Powder
- 1 tablespoon Honey Granules
- 1 teaspoon Royal Jelly Extract
- 1 - 2 teaspoons Clary Sage Hydrosol
- 25 drops Neem Oil CO2 Extract
- 5 drops Rose Geranium Bourbon Essential Oil
- 5 drops Ylang Ylang Complete Essential Oil
- 5 drops Lavandin Essential Oil
Combine the dry ingredients in a small mixing bowl and stir well. Add one teaspoon of the Hydrosol, Neem Oil, and Essential Oils, then stir until the mixture forms a smooth paste. Add more Hydrosol if needed.
Usage & Packaging
Apply the mask directly to clean, slightly moistened skin. Avoid sensitive areas, such as your lips, nostrils, and eyes. Allow the mask to dry for 10 - 20 minutes. Rinse with warm water, then follow with your favorite toner and moisturizer. Clary Sage Hydrosol makes an excellent toner following this recipe.
The mask is best if used immediately, but can also be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a few days.