As many of you know, Donna Maria, of The Indie Beauty Network, has been making a huge effort on the behalf of hundreds of indie business owners in opposition of The FDA Globalization Act of 2008. In it's current draft form, this legislation could negatively affect small businesses across the nation, and even cause countless businesses to close their doors forever. While this prospect is indeed frightening, Donna Maria has continued to encourage indie business owners, and choice conscious consumers to band together against this unfair legislation. Working together, our voices can become loud and clear.
- Help Donna Maria reach her goal of collecting 100,000 signatures by signing her online petition.
- Speak out by writing a letter to Congress. Donna Maria has thoughtfully put together some sample letters on her blog to help inspire us.
- Spread the word by contacting your local media including newspapers, television stations, and radio stations. Check out Donna Maria's sample letter to the media to help you get started.
- Pass it on by getting your family, friends, and customers involved in the movement. Remember, this legislation has the potential to affect more than business owners. Many consumers prefer buying handmade skin and hair care products to buying from big box companies. You may be surprised to find that many consumers are more than willing to fight on behalf of their favorite product. After all, to many people skin care takes an important role in their lifestyle. Use your blog, newsletters, and word of mouth to spread the word.
- Keep in touch by following Donna Maria's progress on The Indie Business Blog.
This post was brought to you by From Nature With Love, offering a huge selection of top quality natural ingredients and supplies for skin care, hair care, soap making, and more!
Save 7% on your qualifying online order with discount code: NBW1217!